On Wednesday, 14 December 2022, the Chief of Hellenic Army General Staff, Lieutenant General Charalampos Lalousis, welcomed the Chief of Staff of the US Army, General James C. McConville, who paid an official visit to our country following an invitation from the Chief HAGS. During the meeting, which took place in an excellent atmosphere, the two Chiefs discussed the strengthening of the bonds between the two Armies through:
- The increase of bilateral military cooperation activities.
- The development of a common strategic culture.
- The provision of Host Nation Support.
- The improvement of interoperability.
- The cooperation between Military Academies and Application Schools.
The Chief HAGS then accompanied the Chief of Staff of the US Army to the Chief of Hellenic National Defence General Staff, General Konstantinos Floros (to see the release press here).
After this meeting, the Chief HAGS accompanied the Chief of Staff of the US Army to the Minister of National Defence, Mr. Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, in the presence of the Chief of Hellenic National Defence General Staff (to see the release press here).