During the first semester of 2020, the Army within the framework of its social contribution, carried out the following activities:
- Contribution to air evacuation operations for 105 patients from central and southeastern Aegean islands to hospitals in urban centers by NH-90 and CH-47D helicopters that completed 298 flight hours day and night.
- Control and clearance by echelons of the Land Minefield Clearance Battalion of 1.040.105 square meters in area, resulting in the spotting, disposal and destruction of 2853 landmines.
- Construction of abutments and development of a BAILEY bridge at Therma in Samothrace island.
- Rehabilitation of part of the forest road network and building of fire breaks in the area of Mount Athos.
- Manufacturing of 250.000 masks and 11.000 individual protection kits to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Production of 11 tons of hand sanitizing liquid, 210 tons of disinfection solution, 57.400 liters of antiseptic liquid and 8.000 vials of alcoholic pharmaceutical solution to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Provision of the 417 Army Share Fund Hospital to the NHS as a hospital of reference within the framework of the COVID-19 pandemic preparedness.
- Provision of 39 members of the Medical Corps to airports and ports to carry out random checks within the framework of the COVID-19 pandemic preparedness.
- Provision of 18 medical servicemen of all specialties to rural clinics for examining and providing healthcare to people living in mountain areas, but also on the islands throughout the country.
- Provision of 19 military doctors to General Hospitals for on call duty.